DuPont Washington Works
8480 DuPont Road
Washington, WV 26181
Scope of Work:
With the coming demands of the Boiler MACT requirements, and the baghouses showing their age, DuPont decided to implement a major revision and upgrade of the entire power house air pollution control system. Two of the existing baghouses were retained, but one was ducted to a different (previously uncontrolled) boiler, two baghouses were replaced, and a new baghouse was added to replace the re-ducted system. All systems included individual lime injection systems.
One of the challenges of the project was to fit the new larger baghouse systems in the space available and also use the existing support steel and foundations as the area is quite congested and has significant underground utilities. The design chosen included three baghouse systems under a common penthouse. The penthouse incorporated a bridge crane to remove the baghouse top lids. This crane also can be used to bring material to the top of the baghouse from grade through an open area at the end of one of the baghouses.
Two lime silos were supplied with five lime feed and transfer systems to the five boilers. The lime feed systems are set up with crossover capability to provide operational flexibility.
Scope of Supply:
• Three new baghouse systems totaling eighteen modules
• Common penthouse with bridge crane to service all three baghouse systems
• Inlet and outlet manifolds for new baghouse systems
• Inlet and outlet isolation valves for new baghouse modules
• Two lime silos
• Five lime feed and conveying systems
• Sorbent injection systems for new and existing baghouses
• PLC based controls for lime systems
• Building to house lime blowers and controls
• System upgrade ordered: August 2006
• Baghouse modules shipped: July 2007
• Boiler 4 operation: November 2007
• Boiler 5 operation: October 2007
• Boiler 6 operation: February 2008
6540 W Nine Mile Road | Pensacola, FL 32526 | Phone: 850-944-0013 | SEIinfo@sei-group.com